Re: error on online backup using pg_basebackup tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gerdan Rezende dos Santos
Subject Re: error on online backup using pg_basebackup tool
Date
Re: error on online backup using pg_basebackup tool
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 5:01 PM, Martín Marqués <martin@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 7:20 AM, Martín Marqués <martin@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> El 03/09/15 a las 00:54, Gerdan Rezende dos Santos escribió:
>> >

>> > In other server with same configuration the proccess not complete too!
>>
>> Add --verbose to the pg_basebackup execution and send over the output
>> error message.
>>
>> I find your procedure confusing, and I'd recommend you *not* to put
>> tablespaces in $PGDTA/pg_tblspc/. That directory is for postgres to put
>> the links to where the actual tablespace is (normally on another
>> partition)
>
> This message on verbose mode: pg_basebackup: directory "/data/pg_tblspc/"
> exists but is not empty

The error message is quite clear, it has to use /data/pg_tblspc/ to
put a tablespace, but that directory is not empty.

Why are you putting tablespaces inside PGDATA? It really makes no
sense. Just leave the objects you have there in the default
tablespace.

Regards,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

This problem, I found in my client ...
Why are you putting in PGDATA table ? He can not say to me
The solution then is to continue using the start_backup , rsync and stop_backup. ;(

Thanks!