Re: Watching for view changes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitar
Subject Re: Watching for view changes
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 12:20 AM George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net> wrote:
> Also remember that you may have to deal with DELETEd rows. If you
> can't send row data by NOTIFY, then the client HAS to cache the whole
> view anyway to see what's been deleted.

Client-side (web browser) is caching the view (because it is rendering
it). I do not want the server-side component (PostgreSQL client) to
have to cache it as well. So I will use materialized view to cache it
in the PostgreSQL directly, and the sync it all the way up to the web
browser.

Not sure if this changes anything?

> If it makes sense, have the client collect some number of
> notifications and read all the indicated rows in one query.

You are right. Thanks again.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/