Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch#3389] To prevent unwanted model changes inServer dialog - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Murtuza Zabuawala
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch#3389] To prevent unwanted model changes inServer dialog
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hello Victoria & Joao,

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 2:17 AM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io> wrote:

Hi Murtuza,

We are having a hard time understanding the logic on the change.

If tunnel_authentication is not on the model and the tunnel_identify_file is present, we change the tunnel_identify_file in the model to null? Is this what you mean?

​Yes, basically we make use of identity file only in case of tunnel authentication​ is enabled (true/false).

The earlier logic was written in such way that if tunnel authentication is set to disbaled/false then set the identity file filed value to empty string in the model, But as you can see that tunnel authentication is by default set to '0' in the model, so whenever user opens a edit/properties dialog the identitiy files sets to empty string even if ssh tunnel is disbaled. In my patch I choose to nullify the value instead of empty string so that it will be easy on python side condition checking :)

Thanks
Victoria && Joao