Re: pgsql: Support partition pruning at execution time - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: pgsql: Support partition pruning at execution time
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 8 April 2018 at 15:02, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 8 April 2018 at 14:56, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> It happens 12 or 13 times on my machine, then does not happen again
>> for 60 seconds, then happens again.
>
> Setting autovacuum_naptime to 10 seconds makes it occur in 10 second
> intervals...

Ok, I thought it might have been some concurrent vacuum on the table
but the only tables I see being vacuumed are system tables.

I tried performing a manual vacuum of each of these and could not get
it to trigger, but then I did:

select * from pg_class;

from another session and then the script starts spitting out some errors.