Re: pgsql: Support partition pruning at execution time - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: pgsql: Support partition pruning at execution time
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 8 April 2018 at 15:21, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
>  David> Setting autovacuum_naptime to 10 seconds makes it occur in 10
>  David> second intervals...
>
> Analyze (including auto-analyze on a different table entirely) has a
> snapshot, which can hold back OldestXmin, hence preventing the
> all-visible flag from being set.

urg, that's true.

Seems like there's no bugs here then;

begin work;
set transaction isolation level repeatable read;
select * from pg_class;
-- do nothing

makes the script go crazy.

You're right, thanks.

I guess the patch I sent is the way forward with this.