Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD
Date
In response to Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD  (Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 21 October 2018 at 04:03, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for pushing that fix.
>>
>> Originally my patch in [1] only could set leafpart_use_multi_insert to
>> true within the `if (insertMethod == CIM_MULTI_CONDITIONAL)` test, so
>> wouldn't have suffered from this problem.
>>

> The problem is reproducible even with the patch in [1] combined with
> the v6 edition of delta patch. Actually this problem has nothing to do
> with where we set leafpart_use_multi_insert flag. It's about using the
> right values (updated values) to decide if the current partition is
> good to go for multi-insert or not. Like i mentioned earlier reply,
> we actually came across this problem because we have used outdated
> value for before insert row trigger to evaluate
> leafpart_use_multi_insert flag.
>
>  [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKJS1f9f8yuj04X_rffNu2JPbvhy+YP_aVH6iwCTJ1OL=YwCOg@mail.gmail.com

Oops. I was completely wrong about all of what I said above. Seems my
analysis was rushed and very incorrect.

Thanks for writing the patch Ashutosh and thanks Peter for committing
the modified version of it.