Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Sharma
Subject Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD
Date
In response to Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Responses Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Thanks for pushing that fix.
>
> Originally my patch in [1] only could set leafpart_use_multi_insert to
> true within the `if (insertMethod == CIM_MULTI_CONDITIONAL)` test, so
> wouldn't have suffered from this problem.

The problem is reproducible even with the patch in [1] combined with
the v6 edition of delta patch. Actually this problem has nothing to do
with where we set leafpart_use_multi_insert flag. It's about using the
right values (updated values) to decide if the current partition is
good to go for multi-insert or not. Like i mentioned earlier reply,
we actually came across this problem because we have used outdated
value for before insert row trigger to evaluate
leafpart_use_multi_insert flag.

 [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKJS1f9f8yuj04X_rffNu2JPbvhy+YP_aVH6iwCTJ1OL=YwCOg@mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,