Re: [HACKERS] Small improvement to parallel query docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Small improvement to parallel query docs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 14 February 2017 at 21:25, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> +    Aggregate</> stage. For such cases there is clearly going to be no
> +    performance benefit to using parallel aggregation.
>
> A comma is required after "For such cases"

Added

>> The query planner takes
>> +    this into account during the planning process and will choose how to
>> +    perform the aggregation accordingly.
>
> This part of the sentence sounds unclear.   It doesn't clearly
> indicate that planner won't choose a parallel plan in such cases.

I thought that was obvious enough giving that I'd just mentioned that
there's clearly no benefit, however I've changed things to make that a
bit more explicit.

Thanks for reviewing this.

Updated patch attached.