Re: Incorrect format in error message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Incorrect format in error message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1 April 2016 at 17:30, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> The attached fixes an error message which is incorrectly using an
>> unsigned format specifier instead of a signed one.
>
> Really though, what
> astonishes me about this example is that we allow indexes at all on
> system columns other than OID.  None of the other ones can possibly
> have either a use-case or sensible semantics, can they?  We certainly
> would not stop to update indexes after changing xmax, for example.

As for this part. I really don't see how we could disable this without
breaking pg_restore for database who have such indexes.  My best
thought is to add some sort of warning during CREATE INDEX, like we do
for HASH indexes.

-- David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services