Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables
Date
Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 8 November 2018 at 20:15, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Actually, as I also proposed upthread, we should move root_tuple_slot from
> PartitionTupleRouting to ModifyTableState as mt_root_tuple_slot, because
> it's part of the first step described above that has nothing to do with
> partition tuple routing proper.  We can make PartitionTupleRouting private
> to execPartition.c if we do that.

okay. Makes sense. I've changed things around to PartitionTupleRouting
is now private to execPartition.c

> I didn't find anything quite significant to complain about, except just
> one line:
>
> +     * Initially we must only setup 1 PartitionDispatch object; the one for
>
> setup -> set up

Changed too.

I've attached v15 and a delta from v14 to ease re-review.

I also ran pgindent on this version. That's not part of the delta but
is in the main patch.

Attachment