Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018/11/08 20:28, David Rowley wrote:
> On 8 November 2018 at 20:15, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> Actually, as I also proposed upthread, we should move root_tuple_slot from
>> PartitionTupleRouting to ModifyTableState as mt_root_tuple_slot, because
>> it's part of the first step described above that has nothing to do with
>> partition tuple routing proper.  We can make PartitionTupleRouting private
>> to execPartition.c if we do that.
>
> okay. Makes sense. I've changed things around to PartitionTupleRouting
> is now private to execPartition.c

Thank you.  I have a comment regarding how you chose to make
PartitionTupleRouting private.

Using the v14_to_v15 diff, I could quickly see that there are many diffs
changing PartitionTupleRouting to struct PartitionTupleRouting, but they
would be unnecessary if you had added the following in execPartition.h, as
my upthread had done.

-/* See execPartition.c for the definition. */
+/* See execPartition.c for the definitions. */
 typedef struct PartitionDispatchData *PartitionDispatch;
+typedef struct PartitionTupleRouting PartitionTupleRouting;

Thanks,
Amit