Re: [HACKERS] Foreign Join pushdowns not working properly for outer joins - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Foreign Join pushdowns not working properly for outer joins
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26 April 2017 at 02:12, Peter Eisentraut
> On 4/24/17 22:50, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On 4/14/17 00:24, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
>>> This looks better. Here are patches for master and 9.6.
>>> Since join pushdown was supported in 9.6 the patch should be
>>> backported to 9.6 as well. Attached is the patch (_96) for 9.6,
>>> created by rebasing on 9.6 branch and removing conflict. _v6 is
>>> applicable on master.
>>
>> Committed to PG10.  I'll work on backpatching next.
>
> For backpatching to 9.6, I came up with the attached reduced version.
> Since we don't have add_foreign_grouping_paths() in 9.6, we can omit the
> refactoring and keep the changes much simpler.  Does that make sense?

That makes sense to me. It fixes the reported issue and is less
invasive than the pg10 patch.

-- David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services