Re: Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique
Date
Re: Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 24 August 2015 at 14:29, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> I have to admit I don't much like it either, originally I had this as an
> extra property that was only seen in EXPLAIN VERBOSE.

Seems like a reasonable design from here.

The attached patch has the format in this way.

(Note that for non-text output,
I'd say the field should come out unconditionally.  We only care about
abbreviating in text mode.)

If that's the case then why do we not enable verbose for all of the non-text outputs?
It seems strange to start making exceptions on a case-by-case basis.

Regards

David Rowley

--
 David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/