Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 15 November 2017 at 04:23, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> David Rowley wrote:
>> I'd have thought some sort of: ALTER INDEX name_of_partitioned_index
>> REPLACE INDEX FOR partitioned_tablename WITH
>> name_of_new_matching_bloat_free_index;
>>
>> ... or something along those lines, and just have an atomic swap out
>> of the index with some new one that's been created.
>
> (My intention here is to avoid scope creep.)

OK, I didn't really mean that this would be required for an initial
patch. It's something that could be invented at some later date.

-- David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services