Re: [HACKERS] multivariate statistics (v25) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: [HACKERS] multivariate statistics (v25)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 16 March 2017 at 09:45, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Here's another version of 0002 after cleaning up almost everything from
David's review.  I also added tests for ALTER STATISTICS in
sql/alter_generic.sql which made me realize there were three crasher bug
in here; fixed all those.  It also made me realize that psql's \d was a
little bit too generous with dropped columns in a stats object.  That
should all behave better now.

Thanks for fixing.

As you mentioned to me off-list about missing pg_dump support, I've gone and implemented that in the attached patch.

I followed how pg_dump works for indexes, and created pg_get_statisticsextdef() in ruleutils.c. I was unsure if I should be naming this pg_get_statisticsdef() instead.

I also noticed there's no COMMENT ON support either, so I added that too.

--
 David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
Attachment