Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2 March 2018 at 07:17, Jesper Pedersen <jesper.pedersen@redhat.com> wrote:
> A small typo in 0001:
>
> + * leftmost_ons_pos[x] gives the bit number (0-7) of the leftmost one bit
> in a
>
> ..."_one_"...

Oops. I'll fix that.

> 0004 fails "make check-world" due to
>
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 670; 1259 49954 TABLE
> boolp_f jpedersen
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  syntax error at
> or near "false"
> LINE 24: ..." ATTACH PARTITION "public"."boolp_f" FOR VALUES IN (false);

The tests seem to have stumbled on a pg_dump bug which causes it to
produce syntax that's not valid (currently)

I should be able to stop my patch failing the test by dropping that
table, which I should have been doing anyway.

> Do you require https://commitfest.postgresql.org/17/1410/ as well ?

I'll look at that thread and see if there's any pg_dump being broken discussion.

> I'll look more at 0002-0005 over the coming days.

Thanks for the review and in advance for the future review.

I'll delay releasing a new patch as there's some discussion over on
the faster partition pruning thread which affects this too [1]

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+Tgmoa4D1c4roj7L8cx8gkkeBWAZD=MTcXKxTwBnsLRHD3rig@mail.gmail.com