Re: speeding up planning with partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: speeding up planning with partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 at 16:09, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Although, we still have ways
> to go in terms of scaling generic plan execution to larger partition
> counts, solution(s) for which have been proposed by David but haven't made
> it into master yet.

Is that a reference to the last paragraph in [1]?  That idea has not
gone beyond me writing that text yet! :-(   It was more of a passing
comment on the only way I could think of to solve the problem.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKJS1f-y1HQK+VjG7=C==vGcLnzxjN8ysD5NmaN8Wh4=VsYipw@mail.gmail.com