Re: earthdistance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Olivier Chaussavoine
Subject Re: earthdistance
Date
List pgsql-general
As a simple potential user, I tried to install PostGIS, downloaded all libraries required: proj-4.8.0, gdal-1.10.0,json-c,postgis-2.0.3,geos-3.3.8,libwml2-2.9.0, and tried to build the first library with the simple procedure:

./configure
make
make install

I had a fatal error:

make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/olivier/ob/proj-4.8.0/src »
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -DPROJ_LIB=\"/usr/local/share/proj\" -DMUTEX_pthread     -g -O2 -MT jniproj.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/jniproj.Tpo -c -o jniproj.lo jniproj.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -DPROJ_LIB=\"/usr/local/share/proj\" -DMUTEX_pthread -g -O2 -MT jniproj.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/jniproj.Tpo -c jniproj.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/jniproj.o
jniproj.c:52:26: fatal error: org_proj4_PJ.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

problem out of the scope of this list, and probably not /difficult. Since I look for a simple geographic indexing using imprecise lat,long coordinates that do not deal with precise modeling; that I am afraid of long install procedure, and heavy computations, I also give up.

Spacial mysql indexing seems to be included in pre-built packages.

What can we do?