Re: Enable development via Docker - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Richard Yen
Subject Re: Enable development via Docker
Date
List pgsql-www

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 4:02 PM Richard Yen <richyen3@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 6:27 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

Your second file is named "load varnish", but does not contain
anything about varnish at all -- did you forget something there?

Varnish is loaded in the *.sql files in the sql/ folder.  I included that as a part of the postgres container's initdb mount.  Granted, there's more logic to be handled because there's the dev version of the varnish plpgsql functions that need to be loaded v. the prod version.  I'll work on that when I get a chance--look for a more comprehensive patch to come through this thread.

Just to follow up on this -- in sql/ there's a varnish.sql and a varnish_local.sql.  Is there a reason to use varnish_local.sql instead of varnish.sql while developing?  It's just a bunch of no-op functions, but I can't seem to see a clear advantage of using varnish_local.sql instead of varnish.sql -- it's not like it would hamper development or otherwise make it difficult, would it? Can we do away with varnish_local.sql?

Cheers,
--Richard