Re: BUG #18570: Drop event trigger for DDL finishes successfully but trigger still executed on DDL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From p2wap3
Subject Re: BUG #18570: Drop event trigger for DDL finishes successfully but trigger still executed on DDL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hey,
Thanks for response.
It is one db. It existed before adding the trigger and no new db was created after that.
I added it to test and then it caused me issues even if I tried to drop it.

On Tue, 6 Aug 2024 at 17:38 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On 2024-Aug-06, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> After some time I decided to drop the event trigger. The command is executed
> successfully (DROP EVENT TRIGGER <name> CASCADE)
> I double checked by querying the information_schema.triggers (the list is
> empty)
>
> But every time I try to execute a DDL operation, I encounter an error saying
> that DDL function was called.
> The error was saying the operation failed because awsdms_intercept_ddl()
> function.

Maybe you're dropping the event trigger in one database, but it still
exist in other databases.  For example, if you originally created it in
template1 and it got propagated by CREATE DATABASE into some new one,
then if you drop it from template1 it'll still exist in the databases
you created later.

--
Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
¡Ay, ay, ay!  Con lo mucho que yo lo quería (bis)