Re: BUG #18570: Drop event trigger for DDL finishes successfully but trigger still executed on DDL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #18570: Drop event trigger for DDL finishes successfully but trigger still executed on DDL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> I created a function and an event trigger but then decided to drop the event
> trigger (w/o dropping the function yet).

DROP EVENT TRIGGER works as expected for me.  Can you provide
a fully self-contained example of what you did that didn't work?
The most obvious explanation is that you forgot to commit the DROP,
or something along that line.

> I double checked by querying the information_schema.triggers (the list is
> empty)

That proves exactly nothing, because event triggers are never shown
in that view anyway.  They are not a SQL-standard feature, but
information_schema is all about SQL-standard things.

psql's "\dy" command could be used to check for event triggers.

            regards, tom lane