Re: CREATE AGGREGATE array_cat - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: CREATE AGGREGATE array_cat
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 5:54 PM Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> wrote:
On 11/18/20 19:46, David G. Johnston wrote:

> I doubt there is any substantial resistance to including such a function
> but it would have to be written in C.

Would anything have to be written at all, save the CREATE AGGREGATE
suggested in the original message, using the existing array_cat as the
state transition function?

I suppose one might add an optimization to the existing array_cat to
detect the aggregate case, and realize it could clobber its left argument.
(But I'm not sure how much that would save, with arrays.)

Outside my particular area of involvement really; it may be sufficient.

David J.