Re: CREATE AGGREGATE array_cat - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: CREATE AGGREGATE array_cat
Date
Re: CREATE AGGREGATE array_cat  (Vik Fearing <vik@postgresfriends.org>)
Re: CREATE AGGREGATE array_cat  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/18/20 19:46, David G. Johnston wrote:

> I doubt there is any substantial resistance to including such a function
> but it would have to be written in C.

Would anything have to be written at all, save the CREATE AGGREGATE
suggested in the original message, using the existing array_cat as the
state transition function?

I suppose one might add an optimization to the existing array_cat to
detect the aggregate case, and realize it could clobber its left argument.
(But I'm not sure how much that would save, with arrays.)

Regards,
-Chap