Re: postgis - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: postgis
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 8:36 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 7/20/22 07:57, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 20, 2022, Marc Millas <marc.millas@mokadb.com
> <mailto:marc.millas@mokadb.com>> wrote:

> My general impression is that the packaging, at least for Debian,
> doesn’t actually understand how the PostGIS project handles versioning
> support.  But i may be missing something as I’m doing this web-only and
> apt.postgresql.org <http://apt.postgresql.org> is basically impossible
> to inspect on the web.

Are you looking for?:

https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/

That is what I found, and nowhere on the web can I find confirmation of the existence of the package:

3.0.3+dfsg-2.pgdg+1

Even though I know it exists from this message to the mailing list:

(and the fact that it is that package that got bundled into the official docker image)

It seems to most likely be knowledge that is buried in a gz file somewhere which doesn't do me any good, that I can tell, when viewing the site in Chrome.
David J.