Re: Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday, March 21, 2016, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I'll admit it's awkward because it's abbreviated but if someone enters
> \watch 5 and then sees (5s) in the title I think they can put two and two
> together.

Where I find this to be awkward is that the format is randomly different
between the user-title and no-user-title cases.

What about just discarding the old format entirely, and printing one of
these two things:

        Timestamp (every Ns)

        User Given Title <tab> Timestamp (every Ns)

This works for me.

David J.