Re: Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I'll admit it's awkward because it's abbreviated but if someone enters
> \watch 5 and then sees (5s) in the title I think they can put two and two
> together.

Where I find this to be awkward is that the format is randomly different
between the user-title and no-user-title cases.

What about just discarding the old format entirely, and printing one of
these two things:

    Timestamp (every Ns)

    User Given Title <tab> Timestamp (every Ns)

> If the watched query takes a long to run, or there is a disruption, knowing
> when the last one ran and how often it is supposed to run is useful info to
> have at ones fingertips.

That's not unreasonable.  I just want it to look less weirdly different
between the two cases.