Re: [BUGS] BUG #14712: postgres how to handle boolean datatype to use0 and 1 using hibernate - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14712: postgres how to handle boolean datatype to use0 and 1 using hibernate
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:09 AM, <aprasad@flexerasoftware.com> wrote:

Bug reference:      14712
Logged by:          Akanksha Prasad
Email address:      aprasad@flexerasoftware.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.2
Operating system:   windows 7

I wanted to use boolean withd efault value as 1 in hbm file , the hibernate
generates the ddl for sql server and oracle and they both works fine but
postgres fails with error as cannot have int default 1 as value for boolean
field.
Please help with this. How can i do this with changes only at the dialect
level beacuse changing the application me too many changes and that too sql
server and oracle databases with fail.

​Please send non-bug-report questions to pgsql-general@postgresql.org or a more appropriate list if there is one.

Thank You.

David J.

p.s. It sounds to me, though, that if Hibernate is translating between dialects that you should be able to specify "default true" for your boolean column and let it make that work with the other DBMSes - a true boolean column only stores "True" and "False" by definition.