Re: LOGIN/NOLOGIN in psql - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: LOGIN/NOLOGIN in psql
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 2:53 AM PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-createrole.html

Please add something like this to the LOGIN/NOLOGIN part:

The `psql` commands `\du` and `\dg` show `Cannot login` for roles with
`NOLOGIN` and nothing for roles with `LOGIN`. For other attributes `psql`
show their positive forms.

I suspect it is intentional that none (I think...) of the material in the SQL Commands section mentions psql.  I can see changing the psql page to note the absence of a positive form presentation for this particular attribute under the descriptions of the \du and \dg meta-commands.

David J.