Re: LOGIN/NOLOGIN in psql - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Andreas Heiduk
Subject Re: LOGIN/NOLOGIN in psql
Date
List pgsql-docs
Am 13.02.20 um 15:55 schrieb David G. Johnston:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 2:53 AM PG Doc comments form
> <noreply@postgresql.org <mailto:noreply@postgresql.org>> wrote:
>
>     The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
>
>     Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-createrole.html
>
>     Please add something like this to the LOGIN/NOLOGIN part:
>
>     The `psql` commands `\du` and `\dg` show `Cannot login` for roles with
>     `NOLOGIN` and nothing for roles with `LOGIN`. For other attributes
>     `psql`
>     show their positive forms.
>

> I suspect it is intentional that none (I think...) of the material in
> the SQL Commands section mentions psql.  I can see changing the psql
> page to note the absence of a positive form presentation for this
> particular attribute under the descriptions of the \du and \dg
> meta-commands.
>
> David J.

Tinkering a bit more: The `INHERIT` attribute is also not shown - only
the negative form. Therefore:

I assume now, that `psql` only show these attributes, which are not in
the default state as explained in the `CREATE ROLE` page.

Explaining that an showing the possibly shown values in the mentioned
sections of `psql` would be a good idea.

Andreas H.