Re: How to use set/reset role in contrib_regression test? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: How to use set/reset role in contrib_regression test?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Jeremy Finzel <finzelj@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello!  I hope this is the right list for extension dev questions?

SELECT CURRENT_ROLE;
 current_user
--------------
 jfinzel
(1 row)

SET ROLE test_pgl_ddl_deploy;
CREATE SCHEMA special;
CREATE TABLE special.foo (id serial primary key, foo text, bar text);
CREATE TABLE special.bar (id serial primary key, super text, man text);

RESET ROLE;
SELECT CURRENT_ROLE;
    current_user
 test_pgl_ddl_deploy
(1 row)

What am I missing here?  Any comments much appreciated.

​Probably -bugs (or -general if you are unsure about the buggy-ness) would have been a more appropriate list since this is all direct SQL that looks to be broken.  No use moving it now, though.

Reporting the version(s) you are running would be helpful.

David J.