Re: v13 planner ERROR: could not determine which collation to use for string comparison - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: v13 planner ERROR: could not determine which collation to use for string comparison
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, July 21, 2020, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
We hit this on v13b2 and verified it fails on today's HEAD (ac25e7b039).

explain SELECT 1 FROM sites NATURAL JOIN sectors WHERE sites.config_site_name != sectors.sect_name ;
ERROR:  could not determine which collation to use for string comparison

I can workaround the issue by DELETEing stats for either column.

It's possible we're doing soemthing wrong and I need to revisit docs..but this
was working in v12.

This sounds suspiciously like a side-effect of:

David J.