Re: is_local parameter on set_config function - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: is_local parameter on set_config function
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 10:14 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 11:32:42AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
> I have just used the set_config(...) function for the first time and it took
> me a bit of experimenting to understand the effect of the is_local
> parameter. My suggestion would be to add a bit of explanation on that.

This is equivalent to the LOCAL clause in the SET query:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/sql-set.html

Specifically, the hyperlink link to the SET command in that section is expected to be referenced for details.  Repeating that documentation on the config-settings page is not particularly desirable.

David J.