Re: is_local parameter on set_config function - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: is_local parameter on set_config function
Date
List pgsql-docs
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 10:14 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
> wrote:
>> This is equivalent to the LOCAL clause in the SET query:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/sql-set.html

> Specifically, the hyperlink link to the SET command in that section is
> expected to be referenced for details.  Repeating that documentation on the
> config-settings page is not particularly desirable.

I think the OP might be looking at table 9.85 (Configuration Settings
Functions), in which the cross-references to SET and SHOW are *not*
hyperlinks.  But they should be.  Will fix.  I think there might be
room to say explicitly that is_local is equivalent to SET's LOCAL
option, too.

            regards, tom lane