Re: Refining query statement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Refining query statement
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 9:47 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> What I want is a list of contacts to make today. This includes ones that
> should have been made earlier but weren't and excludes earlier contacts that
> have no scheduled next contact (therefore, the nulls.).
>
> Does this clarify what I'm asking of the data?

Yes...though now it just sounds like a flawed data model.  How stuck
are you in that regard?  Those "future" contacts should have their own
records and not be derived via an optional field on an existing
record.

Put differently, how do you know which activities are completed and
which are not?

Dave