Re: psql's \d versus included-index-column feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: psql's \d versus included-index-column feature
Date
Re: psql's \d versus included-index-column feature  (Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 12:55 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

regression=# \d tbl_include_reg_idx
Index "public.tbl_include_reg_idx"
 Column |  Type   | Key | Definition
--------+---------+------------------
 c1     | integer | t   | c1
 c2     | integer | t   | c2
 c3     | integer | f   | c3
 c4     | box     | f   | c4
btree, for table "public.tbl_include_reg"

​+1 for the additional column indicating whether the column is being treated as key data or supplemental included data.​

​-1 for printing a boolean t/f; would rather spell it out:

CASE WHEN "Key" THEN 'Key' ELSE 'Included' END AS "Data"

We're not hurting for horizontal space here and in any case I'd rather save others the eye strain of having to distinguish between lowercase "f" and "t".

David J.