Re: [GENERAL] NOTIFY command impact - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [GENERAL] NOTIFY command impact
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Rob Brucks <rob.brucks@rackspace.com> wrote:
So, long-term, you don't see any negative impacts to the master cluster?

I just don't want to implement this as a streaming "push" mechanism and then have my cluster crash in 12 months because it hit some obscure problem with notifications.

​The only concern related to "xid/transactions" that I can think of is:

"To avoid this, it is necessary to vacuum every table in every database at least once every two billion transactions."

Probably not appreciably but you will hit the 2B mark more quickly if you are burning off transaction ids in this manner.

David J.