Re: Procedures - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Procedures
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 3:52 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> Agreed, this doc area needs help.

I developed the attached patach for this.  Is this sufficient?

For consistency I would change "statement" to "command" at the end of that paragraph .

      the <xref linkend="sql-call"/> command.

and to contrast with "a part of" I would modify the following fragment to read:

    a procedure is called in isolation

Taken together:

While a function is called as part of a query or DML command, a procedure is called in isolation using the <xref linked="sql-call"/> command.

And then swap the order of, and tweak, the transaction and isolation sentences:

[...] the CALL command.  If the CALL command is not part of an explicit transaction a procedure can also manage multiple transactions during its execution.

David J.