Re: Backward compat issue with v16 around ROLEs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Backward compat issue with v16 around ROLEs
Date
List pgsql-general

On Wed, Sep 11, 2024, 12:17 Wolfgang Walther <walther@technowledgy.de> wrote:
Dominique Devienne:
> Hi David. I did as you suggested, and it fails the same way. Did I
> misunderstand you? --DD
>
> [..]
>
> ddevienne=> grant dd_owner to dd_admin with admin option; -- <<<<<<<<

I think this needs to be the other way around:

   grant dd_admin to dd_owner with admin option;

Best,

Wolfgang

Probably, intend to get those reversed and wasn't in a position to experiment.  In any case fixing the with admin error is the correct approach.

David J.