Re: [pgadmin-support] SQL syntax highlightning don't work for singlebackslash '\' - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] SQL syntax highlightning don't work for singlebackslash '\'
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Monday, May 22, 2017, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@yahoo.com> wrote:
>When I have somewhere in text value single backslash char, then everything behind this char will not be highlighted correct.

That is because the Backslash is an ESCAPE character, so you must ESCAPE it and use two backslashes if you want it to be interpreted
as a literal.

Unless you omit the E prefix on the string literal, which the OP did.

David J.