Re: [pgadmin-support] SQL syntax highlightning don't work for single backslash '\' - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] SQL syntax highlightning don't work for single backslash '\'
Date
List pgadmin-support

Thanks for the info, I will correct my statements.

I have reported it, because syntax highlighting in pgAdmin 3 was able to show it even with single backslash and PostgreSQL returns it visually correct.

Result: solved

Von: Melvin Davidson [mailto:melvin6925@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 22. Mai 2017 21:39
An: mammoth.power@gmx.us; pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Betreff: Re: [pgadmin-support] SQL syntax highlightning don't work for single backslash '\'

>When I have somewhere in text value single backslash char, then everything behind this char will not be highlighted correct.

That is because the Backslash is an ESCAPE character, so you must ESCAPE it and use two backslashes if you want it to be interpreted

as a literal.

Also, do not forget to enclose your strings in quotes!

IE:

SELECT 'a' || E'\\' || 'b'
UNION ALL
SELECT 'c' || E'\\' || 'd';

Melvin Davidson 🎸
Das Bild wurde vom Absender entfernt.
www.youtube.com/unusedhero/videos
Folk Alley - All Folk - 24 Hours a day
www.folkalley.com

When I have somewhere in text value single backslash char, then everything behind this char will not be highlighted correct.

Simple example 1:

SELECT '\';

Simple example 2:

-- Test 1