Re: How to solve my slow disk i/o throughput during index scan - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: How to solve my slow disk i/o throughput during index scan
Date
In response to RE: How to solve my slow disk i/o throughput during index scan  ("FREYBURGER Simon (SNCF VOYAGEURS / DIRECTION GENERALE TGV / DM RMP YIELD MANAGEMENT)" <simon.freyburger@sncf.fr>)
List pgsql-performance
On Thursday, July 11, 2024, FREYBURGER Simon (SNCF VOYAGEURS / DIRECTION GENERALE TGV / DM RMP YIELD MANAGEMENT) <simon.freyburger@sncf.fr> wrote:

Also, It might not be related, but I have suspiciously similar slow reads when I am inserting in database, could it be related ?
I’m using a 3 steps process to insert my lines in the table :

  • COPY into a temporary table
  • DELETE FROM on the perimeter I will be inserting into
  • INSERT … INTO mytable SELECT … FROM temporarytable ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING

Is it possible to parallelize the scans during the modify step ?

This tells you when parallelism is used:

David J.