Re: How to solve my slow disk i/o throughput during index scan - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrei Lepikhov
Subject Re: How to solve my slow disk i/o throughput during index scan
Date
In response to RE: How to solve my slow disk i/o throughput during index scan  ("FREYBURGER Simon (SNCF VOYAGEURS / DIRECTION GENERALE TGV / DM RMP YIELD MANAGEMENT)" <simon.freyburger@sncf.fr>)
List pgsql-performance
On 11/7/2024 22:09, FREYBURGER Simon (SNCF VOYAGEURS / DIRECTION
GENERALE TGV / DM RMP YIELD MANAGEMENT) wrote:
> Is it possible to parallelize the scans during the modify step ?
Temporary tables can't be used inside a query with parallel workers
involved, because such table is local for single process.

What about your question - I'm not sure without whole bunch of data. But
maximum speedup you can get by disabling as much constraints as possible
- ideally, fill each partition individually with no constraints and
indexes at all before uniting them into one partitioned table.

--
regards, Andrei Lepikhov