Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 1:01 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2018-12-10 18:13:40 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> > FWIW, now that oids are removed, and the tuple table slot abstraction
> > got in, I'm working on rebasing the pluggable storage patchset ontop of
> > that.
>
> I've pushed a version to that to the git tree, including a rebased
> version of zheap:
> https://github.com/anarazel/postgres-pluggable-storage
> https://github.com/anarazel/postgres-pluggable-zheap

I've pushed the newest, substantially revised, version to the same
repository. Note, that while the newest pluggable-zheap version is newer
than my last email, it's not based on the latest version, and the
pluggable-zheap development is now happening in the main zheap
repository.

Thanks for the new version of patches and changes.

Todo:
- consider removing scan_update_snapshot

Attached the patch for removal of scan_update_snapshot
and also the rebased patch of reduction in use of t_tableOid.

- consider removing table_gimmegimmeslot()
- add substantial docs for every callback

Will work on the above two.

While I saw an initial attempt at writing smgl docs for the table AM
API, I'm not convinced that's the best approach.  I think it might make
more sense to have high-level docs in sgml, but then do all the
per-callback docs in tableam.h.

OK, I will update the sgml docs accordingly.
Index AM has per callback docs in the sgml, refactor them also?

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia
Attachment