Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 6:11 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 5:49 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:
I am able to generate the simple test and found the problem. The issue with the following
SQL.

SELECT *
   INTO TABLE xacttest
   FROM aggtest;

During the processing of the above query, the tuple that is selected from the aggtest is
sent to the intorel_receive() function, and the same tuple is used for the insert, because
of this reason, the tuple xmin is updated and it leads to failure of selecting the data from
another query. I fixed this issue by materializing the slot.

Wrong patch attached in the earlier mail, sorry for the inconvenience.
Attached proper fix patch.

I will look into isolation test failures.

Here I attached the cumulative patch with all fixes that are shared in earlier mails by me.
Except fast_default test, rest of test failures are fixed.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia
Attachment