Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 1:43 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

OK. I will work on the doc changes.

Sorry for the delay.

Attached a draft patch of doc and comments changes that I worked upon.
Currently I added comments to the callbacks that are present in the TableAmRoutine
structure and I copied it into the docs. I am not sure whether it is a good approach or not?
I am yet to add description for the each parameter of the callbacks for easier understanding.

Or, Giving description of each callbacks in the docs with division of those callbacks
according to them divided in the TableAmRoutine structure? Currently following divisions
are available.
1. Table scan
2. Parallel table scan
3. Index scan
4. Manipulation of physical tuples
5. Non-modifying operations on individual tuples
6. DDL
7. Planner
8. Executor

Suggestions?