Re: [HACKERS] Refactor handling of database attributes betweenpg_dump and pg_dumpall - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Refactor handling of database attributes betweenpg_dump and pg_dumpall
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:
> The newly added option is not recommended to be used in normal cases and
> it is used only for upgrade utilities.

I don't know why it couldn't be used in normal cases.  That seems like
a totally legitimate thing for somebody to want.  Maybe nobody does,
but I see no reason to worry if they do.

Ok. Removed the documentation changes that it cannot be used for normal
scenarios, and also added a Note section explaining the problem of using
the dump with pg_restore command with --clean and --create options.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia
Attachment