Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fred .Flintstone
Subject Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Date
List pgsql-hackers
So what we could do is:
* Rename executables to be prefixed with pg_. Symlink old names to
renamed executables. This while remaining 100% backwards
compatibility, not breaking anything legacy.
* Print warnings when the executables are executed using the symlink.
* Have the option to have the symlinks in a different optional package.
* At later time in the future be able to chose to remove the symlinks.