Re: select table indicate missing chunk number 0 for toast value 96635 in pg_toast_2619 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Rennalls
Subject Re: select table indicate missing chunk number 0 for toast value 96635 in pg_toast_2619
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Kim Applegate <kapplegate@apsalar.com> wrote:
> I have seen this issue on a slave although it was in version 9.2.  I ran

oh ok. Looks like the issue was fixed in 8.2.23 according to these
release notes http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release-8-2-23.html
o Fix race condition during toast table access from stale syscache
entries (Tom Lane)

   The typical symptom was transient errors like "missing chunk number
0 for toast value NNNNN in pg_toast_2619", where the
    cited  toast table would always belong to a system catalog.

.. but maybe there's a different flavour of this bug ?

> this
>
> select 2619::regclass;
>    regclass
> --------------
>  pg_statistic
> (1 row)
>

> I was able to fix my select issue by running analyze on the database

Yes I tried that but didn't seem to help...
mydb=# ANALYZE verbose;
INFO:  analyzing "pg_catalog.pg_type"
INFO:  "pg_type": scanned 13 of 13 pages, containing 590 live rows and
0 dead rows; 590 rows in sample, 590 estimated total rows
INFO:  analyzing "pg_catalog.pg_attribute"
INFO:  "pg_attribute": scanned 78 of 78 pages, containing 4633 live
rows and 0 dead rows; 4633 rows in sample, 4633 estimated total rows
INFO:  analyzing "information_schema.sql_features"
INFO:  "sql_features": scanned 7 of 7 pages, containing 649 live rows
and 0 dead rows; 649 rows in sample, 649 estimated total rows
ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for toast value 33255 in pg_toast_2619

- David