Re: GSoC project: K-medoids clustering in Madlib - Mailing list pgsql-students

From Maxence AHLOUCHE
Subject Re: GSoC project: K-medoids clustering in Madlib
Date
List pgsql-students
Sure!

The k-means algorithms tries to group the points, but how can we know to which group a point has been assigned?
What I mean is that, on the output, I would like to color the points with the same color as the centroid they "depend" on.

And another question, which I thought could be related to the first one, is why does the algorithms returns the objective function? What's its use?

Thanks ffor spending time for my questions :)

2013/4/20 Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com>
On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Maxence AHLOUCHE
<maxence.ahlouche@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/4/20 Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com>
>>
>> Very interesting! The results look encouraging,although this is on Python
>> :)
>>
>> Good work!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>

> Thanks :)
> But do you know if there is a way to know the cluster that a point has been
> assigned to? Can the objective function have something to do with it? I
> haven't understood why it was returned yet!

I didnt get your question. Could you please elaborate a bit more?

Regards,

Atri

--
Maxence Ahlouche