Re: query locks up when run concurrently - Mailing list pgsql-general

From azhwkd
Subject Re: query locks up when run concurrently
Date
Re: query locks up when run concurrently  (rob stone <floriparob@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
It should not be possible because a group does not return to the
update pool before the update hasn't finished.
I watched the queries in a postgres client and there was no overlap I could see.
I don't really know what to make from this behavior, sometimes when I
start the application a few updates go through and eventually it will
lock up completely and sometimes it locks up immediately - always with
heap_hot_search_buffer using ~20 of all CPU time on the system.